The Washington State Health Information Management Association is a non-profit association of professionals engaged in health information management providing support to members and strengthening the industry and profession.
- Advocates public policy that advances HIM practice
- Provides career, professional development and practice resources
- Facilitates achievement of standards and provides education opportunities
- Facilitates member communication
- Promotes the contributions of it’s members
- A code of ethical health information management practices
- The public’s right to private and high-quality health information
- The celebration and promotion of diversity
- Innovation and leadership in advancing health information management practices and standards worldwide
- Advocacy and interdisciplinary collaboration with other professional organizations
To promote the contribution of the health information management professionals and the Washington State Health Information Management Association by ensuring the protection, integrity and quality of healthcare information.