Apply Today – Online Applications Close March 31, 2023
Honoring the Past, Treasuring the Present, Shaping the Future
The Washington State Health Information Management Association (WSHIMA) recognizes that our association and our profession benefit from the talents and energy of well-educated Health Information Management and Health Informatics professionals. To assist student and professional members in their educational endeavors, WSHIMA is offering $13,000.00 in 2023 scholarships:
- The Sister Peter Olivaint Scholarship Program: This WSHIMA scholarship provides three 2023 scholarships, each in the amount of $2,000.00. These three scholarships are open to any WSHIMA member who is a student in any CAHIIM-approved program.
- The Long Term Care Health Information Management Scholarship: Through a generous donation WSHIMA is offering five 2023 scholarships, each in the amount of $1,000.00. These scholarships are school-specific (1 per HIM program) for any WSHIMA member enrolled in any of the following Washington-based CAHIIM-approved programs:
- Associate programs at Shoreline Community College, Spokane Community College, and Tacoma Community College.
- Bachelors programs at the University of Washington and Tacoma Community College.
- The WSHIMA Professional Development Scholarship: This scholarship offers assistance to AHIMA credentialed WSHIMA members wanting to advance their education, knowledge and careers. Such as pursuing an advanced AHIMA Credential (CCS, CHDA, CHPS, CDIP) or moving into an emerging field of health informatics or information. WSHIMA will award two 2023 scholarships for up to $1,000.00 each.
If you are interested, fill out the application forms under “Members” on the WSHIMA homepage.
The deadline for applications is March 31, 2023.