Dear WSHIMA Members,
The AHIMA Nominating Committee is searching for qualified AHIMA members from the Active or Emeritus member categories to fill the roles of:
- One AHIMA President/Chair-elect
- Three Directors for the Board of Directors
- Commissioner on the Commission on Certification for Health Informatics and Information Management (CCHIIM); (Number of commissioners and specific credentials needed are TBD)
- Five Council for Excellence in Education (CEE) Members
- One Speaker-elect for the House of Delegates
The President/Chair-elect, Director, and CCHIIM Commissioner and CEE Council Member positions have three-year terms and the Speaker-elect has a two-year term. All terms begin on January 1, 2020. Descriptions, duties, and qualifications for each of these elected positions are available on the Call for Volunteers web page and go to the Elected tab. Candidate applications are due March 31, 2019.
AHIMA is seeking outstanding leaders who possess the competencies identified in the Volunteer Competency Self-Assessment and are visionary, strong collaborators and critical thinkers.
We have attached a brief write-up on the elected positions. Should you have questions about this process, please do not hesitate to contact Ann Chenoweth via email or phone.
WSHIMA Board on behalf of Ann Chenoweth, AHIMA Nominating Committee
Ann Chenoweth, MBA, RHIA, FAHIMA Member, 2019 AHIMA Nominating Committee