Dear WSHIMA Members,
HERE’S WHAT’S HAPPENING:
It is the time of year when we are preparing the ballot for our annual election of the WSHIMA Board. The election will take place in March, 2020. We have 3 open positions that we are looking to fill that commence in June 2020. The mission of WSHIMA is to advance and promote Health Information Management, Informatics, and Information Governance through networking, education, and advocacy on related issues with our elected officials in Washington DC. We are supported by AHIMA in our efforts, and provided resources and guidelines to manage our state association.
The open positions are:
- President-Elect (3-yr term)
- Director of Education (2-yr term)
- Secretary (1-yr term)
Click here to review the job descriptions.
HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD RUN FOR A BOARD POSITION:
- We have an excellent group of board members and an Executive Director who will mentor and support those elected in these roles.
- Our association is financially sound and has a history of providing quality education opportunities and resources to our members.
- Members of the board receive valuable local and national information that can be shared with members of their team in their workplace.
- Past board members have found that their active participation in the association has given them a variety of skills and abilities that contribute to their professional success, and increased their professional network of colleagues.
- Members of the board are reimbursed for expenses incurred for food, travel and lodging as required to attend scheduled meetings and events, and earn CEU’s.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO!
If you would be interested in running for one of these positions, please respond to Paula Dascher, Chair of the Nominating Committee at email@example.com or 206-265-1836 by Feb 28th, 2020. Include the position you are interested in, a brief bio of your career and a short summary of why are want to run for this position on the board. A photo of yourself is optional, but if included would be posted in the ballet along with your bio.
Thank you for your consideration!