Providence Health & Services
Providence is calling a Coder Abstractor to Providence Health & Services in Everett, WA.
We are seeking a Coder Abstractor to be responsible for the coding/abstracting of acute care services. This may include inpatient, outpatient surgery and/or other outpatient services, and/or ED encounters.
*Telecommute option available, however, must reside in Washington state.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assign the appropriate ICD-10-CM diagnosis / procedure codes and CPT procedure code(s) for all inpatient / outpatient accounts
- Assign the appropriate ED facility E/M levels & charges in accordance with CMS and NCHS “Official Coding Guidelines for
- Coding and Reporting”
- Complete abstraction / charge entry processes in EPIC billing system
- Code all diagnoses, treatments and procedures according to the appropriate classification system for the category of the patient encounter
- Participate in unit/department performance improvement activities
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- AHIMA or AAPC Coding Credential, must be current to be considered
- Basic computer skills including how to operate a PC and navigate programs and applications
- Medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, ICD coding (and, as applicable, CPT coding and/or knowledge of DRGs), and official, authoritative coding sources and material
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an AHIMA accredited Health Information Technology or Health Information Management program or self-study course and a passing score on the national certification examination for RHIA or RHIT.
- 1 years hospital based HIM Department background/experience or experience through practicum of an AHIMA accredited Health Information Technology or Health Information Management program
- 1 years successful hospita l based coding experience
About the department you will serve:
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 197460.