Whitman Hospital and Medical Center
Whitman Hospital and Medical Center is seeking a detail oriented Health Information Management Coder to join the Heath Information Management team!
This is a full-time position located in Colfax, Washington. The successful candidate is responsible for accurately coding and abstracting both inpatient and outpatient claims in the following service areas: surgery, emergency room, radiology, laboratory, ambulatory, gastroenterology, and cataract surgery records to ensure appropriate reimbursement and statistical maintenance.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- CPR certified within thirty (30) days of hire and maintained while employed.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Two (2) or more years previous hospital coding and RHIT experience.
- Computer experience required and familiarity with an encoder.
- Experience with Meditech 6.1.
Instructions for Resume Submission: