Scion Health – Kindred Hospitals
You have high standards. So do we. Find your future with Scion Health (Kindred Hospitals), the country’s largest provider of post-acute care.
A career here will allow you to learn, thrive and grow in a positive and supportive environment where your input matters.
Join us and see all that you can accomplish when you combine your talent, skills and dedication with a highly successful and compassionate healthcare leader.
Kindred Hospitals include 61 LTACHs across the US.
As a strong Health Information Manager you will:
Plan, organize and direct the provision of Health Information Management (HIM) services consistent with standards of accrediting and regulatory agencies and policies/requirements of Kindred Healthcare.
Establish HIM procedures, standards, and departmental objectives.
Supervise daily departmental functions including medical record completion, transmission, indexing, abstracting, research, filing, storage, retrieval and maintenance.
Have thorough knowledge of the legal aspects of patient medical records, including release of information and HIPAA Privacy and Security requirements.
As a Health Information Manager / HIM you will have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Health Information Technology or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management
- Certification by examination as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) by the American Health Information Management Association or
- Registered Health Information Technologists (RHIT) by the American Health Information Management Association
- Associate’s Degree in Health Information Technology required (RHIT eligible will be considered)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management preferred (RHIA eligible will be considered)
Based on experience and qualifications
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply online then submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.