Columbia Memorial Hospital
If you want to join a team that values caregivers and is as deeply committed as you are to improving the health of people and the community, then we encourage you to consider a career with Columbia Memorial Hospital.
Here are just a few of the many great reasons to become a part of our team and help us fulfill our promise of excellence:
- Our Oregon Coast lifestyle: CMH is located in Astoria, Oregon, which has been listed as a top place to live by numerous magazines and websites. We also have clinics in the nearby communities of Seaside and Warrenton. The natural beauty of the North Oregon Coast, the friendliness of small-town life, and the vibrant arts and restaurant scene make this a great place to live. Whether you enjoy outdoor recreation, award-winning dining, history, festivals, or family fun, we have it all. Hiking, beachcombing, tide-pooling, fishing, zip-lining, cycling, kayaking, kiteboarding, hunting, and surfing are just some of the recreational opportunities. Astoria is also home to a vibrant art scene and a charming downtown district known for its hilltop Victorian homes reminiscent of old San Francisco.
- Our warm and welcoming team: Friendly faces and a welcoming environment are among the first things applicants and new employees notice. We believe you’ll feel right at home here. People are the heart of all we do. It’s part of our philosophy as a Planetree Gold Certified Hospital. As a Planetree Hospital, CMH has developed dynamic and focused efforts to involve the perspective of patients, family members and caregivers to increase person-centered care throughout our organization. We value compassionate, courteous, and respectful interactions, patient, and family involvement in care planning to include the patient’s goals and preferences, healing design of spaces, community health and a strategic plan that emphasizes person-centered care for the patient and caregiver alike.
- Our full-service, independent hospital: We are the fastest-growing rural hospital in Oregon. Our professional staff includes more than 70 physicians and advanced practice professionals from surgical, nonsurgical, and primary care specialties. We offer a wide array of specialty services that allow us to care for our community, close to where they live. As an independent hospital, decisions are made locally with strong support and collaboration from our CMH Board of Trustees. We value input from our team, and our leadership encourages an open-door policy.
This position plans, directs, organizes, and controls the health information management functions and activities of the HIM Department, including recording, maintaining, and processing medical records for both inpatient and outpatient records in all CMH locations where patients are evaluated or treated. Supervises and plans the process improvement activities of the medical record. Responsible for the enterprise-wide release of medical information from the medical record or other sources of stored patient data including all written documents, computerized electronic information, radiology film and scans, laboratory reports and pathology slides, videos, audio recordings, or any other form of information regarding the condition of patients. Responsible for the periodic review and revision of the departmental policy and procedure manual and department staff management. Assists in coordination of information management planning and accreditation or regulatory compliance in cooperation with other hospital departments. Actively directs or participates in the evaluation, selection, and purchase of information systems for HIS and hospital-wide systems. Provides computer system and networking support and expertise in patient records to other departments as needed. Recruits, selects, and develops sufficient personnel to fulfill all health information management functions and to ensure full compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations.
As Privacy Officer, this position oversees all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to the organization’s policies and procedures covering the privacy of, and access to, patient health information in compliance with federal and state laws and the organization’s information privacy practices.
Knowledge and experience in information privacy laws, access, release of information and release control technologies. Knowledge in and the ability to apply the principles of health information management, project management and change management. Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication and presentation skills.
RHIT required; RHIA preferred
Education and/or Experience:
Associate Degree; Bachelor Degree preferred; Three years hospital experience and two years supervisory experience; Five years hospital experience and two years management experience preferred.
At Columbia Memorial Hospital, we know that in order to care for our patients and the community, we must care for our caregivers. As part of that care, we offer a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees.
CMH offers 100% employer-paid health care benefits with very affordable dependent premiums, including:
- Vision insurance.
- Prescription coverage.
- Dental and orthodontics insurance.
Some of the other great benefits of being a CMH caregiver include:
- 70% discount on hospital services for employee and insured dependents (you pay only 30% after insurance).
- Up to 28 days paid time off for full-time employees to cover vacation, sick time and holidays.
- Retirement savings plans, including generous matching and profit share contributions.
- Shift differentials for evenings, weekends and nights.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Complimentary access to our hospital gym.
- Employer-paid life insurance, with optional life insurance for dependents.
- Pharmacy, central supply, gift shop, coffee stand and cafe discounts.
- Employee Assistance (EAP) counseling on a variety of topics.
- Paid compassionate leave (bereavement leave).
- Paid jury duty service.
- AFLAC options.
- Optional pet, home and auto insurance.
- Discounts with local business community partners.
- Childcare subsidies.
- Employer-paid Long-Term Disability (LTD)