We are looking for dedicated and caring professionals to join our team!
Mid-Valley Hospital is a not for profit Critical Access Hospital providing services to the people of Omak and the surrounding areas of the Okanogan Valley.
Today’s Healthcare is changing rapidly.
We work hard to be ahead of the curve when it comes to procedures, technology and talent.
Every day we are assessing our community’s needs and are investing in what matters most.
Our mission is to redefine exception service through compassionate care to our neighbors.
- The HIM manager administers and directs the activities of the HIM Department.
- The individual in this position understands and supports the goals of management and coordinates the activities of personnel in the department to achieve those goals.
- The manager will have knowledge and oversight of the Hospital’s Compliance Plan.
- This individual must be self-directing and willing to accept the responsibilities of administering the medical records and charting system in an orderly and systematic manner, ensuring the completeness of data upon which patient treatment is based and reflecting the actual treatment provided.
- Departmental procedures must be consistent with Federal, State, Local Governmental, Administrative, Ethical and other legal regulations and requirements.
- In accordance with those regulations, the H.I.M. Manager, under the direction of the Director of Fiscal Services, must provide systems for acquiring, analyzing, storing and retrieving information so that it can be readily available when needed.
- Requires previous experience of two to three years in a medical records department of an acute care facility or equivalent and a certificate as an RHIT or RHIA.
- Previous managerial experience is preferred.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of medical terminology and all commonly used coding conventions (for example, ICD-10-CM, CPT—4)
- Must be able to schedule, meet and maintain daily routines, assign personnel and maintain the integrity of records.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively: delegate and coordinate through leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and educational levels; i.e. Patients, families, employees, physicians, etc.
- The willingness continuously provide excellent patient centered care.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Required RHIT/RHIA Certification.
- Preferred – College Degree and/or 4 or more years in Health Care related field.
- Salary range begins at $48,000 and is negotiable depending on experience.
- Our employees are offered a generous benefits package including, health, dental, vision & life insurance, a profit sharing plan with the option to participate in a 403B plan, and vacation/sick leave to both full time and part-time employees.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please contact the Human Resources Department at Mid-Valley Hospital with any questions you may have: