Excellence: It Starts Here
As a recognized leader in health care delivery, policy, and technology, we answer the needs of more than 11 million men, women, and children every day through the work we do. This mission begins with the passion, vision, and commitment of our leaders.
HIM Supervisor Coding Operations
In this role, you will report directly to the Coding Manager in HIM Operations and serve as the primary resource for coding and coding vendors. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of all coding staff and vendors including ensuring all work stays within target turnaround times, monitoring coding productivity and quality, and holding staff accountable for meeting all targets. In addition, you will participate in improvement workshops and serve on committees to ensure processes are clear and followed.
Required Qualifications Include:
- At least one year of progressive lead, supervisory, or management experience in a coding or compliance setting
- At least five years of coding experience in inpatient or outpatient settings
- An associate’s degree in health information technology, other business, or health care related field, or two years of experience in a directly related field with a high school diploma or GED
- Any one of the following certifications by date of hire/transfer: RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, or CPC-H
- CPT (including Evaluation and Management), ICD-10 diagnosis and procedural coding, and HCPCS coding
- Advanced medical terminology, pathophysiology, pharmacology
- Statistics related to productivity and quality in a coding setting
- All Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- 3M Codefinder and electronic medical records
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- One year of coding training and/or auditing experience
- A bachelor’s degree in health information technology or other business or health care related field
- Certificate health care related field from a vocational or technical college
- Experience/knowledge of SharePoint
Instructions for Resume Submission:
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 919320.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers