Because of our people, Seattle Children’s is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty center at the forefront of pediatric care.
Our goal is to be the country’s#1 children’s hospital. We seek quality people with the right skills. We look for team players who want to work at the top of their skill level and continually improve the care we provide.
Join us in shaping the future of pediatric care.
What you will do:
Under general supervision, the Hospital Coder â€“ Advanced is responsible for the collection of relevant, pertinent, accurate and timely diagnosis and/or procedural codes abstracted from all hospital case types including complex medical/surgical inpatient cases (such as neonates, pediatric cardiac surgery, pediatric cycle accounts, etc.) or other advanced types of services including surgical, observation, outpatient in a bed, and specialty procedures.. This includes effective use of hospital encoding systems and resources as well as recognizing what data can be abstracted, presented and interpreted for effective use throughout the hospital data cycle.. Performs other duties as assigned, which may include training others.
Due to given business needs candidate hired will telecommute, work from home.
– Associates Degree or two years’ college coursework in Health Information Management or equivalent.
– Minimum of 5 years hospital based coding experience.
– Minimum of 2 years hospital based coding experience at Seattle Childrenâ€™s Hospital for internal applicants.
– One of the following credentials is required: AHIMA – Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), AHIMA – Certified Coding Specialist- Physician (CCS-P), AAPC- Certified Outpatient Coder (COC), AAPC- Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
– RHIT or RHIA Certified thru AHIMA
Associates Degree or two years’ college coursework in Health Information Management or equivalent
Flexible work schedule/hours-ability to work on weekends pick up shift differential
Comprehensive Benefits Package. We pay 100% of the premiums for dependent children, up to their 26th birthday
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Interested applicants please apply online to www.seattlechildrens.org via requisition 2018-26347.
Apply Online: http://www.seattlechildrens.org