Shoreline Community College
Shoreline Community College is dedicated to inclusive excellence in teaching and learning, student success, and community engagement. Shoreline serves the educational, workforce, and cultural needs of our diverse students and communities through the core themes of educational attainment and student success, program excellence, community engagement, access and diversity, and College stewardship. Shoreline Community College is a place of open inquiry and learning, with a campus that models ideals set out in our Community Standard*. We are committed to upholding a culture of free expression, as well as maintaining a supportive and respectful learning and working environment for all.
Health Occupations, Physical Education, and Business (HOPE) is a vital academic division at Shoreline Community College. HOPE offers degrees and certifications in Health Information Technology, Dental Hygiene, Medical Lab Technology, and Nursing. Health Informatics & Information Management (HIIM), a fully online program, offers degrees and certificates accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM) or through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Reporting directly to the Dean of HOPE, full-time, tenure-track faculty collaborate with associate faculty and staff to advise students, improve student success, and fulfill Shoreline Community College’s vision, mission, and strategic plan. To support these endeavors, annual training is provided, and professional development funds are available.
Typical duties include the following:
- Teach online classes and advise students in the HIIM Program
- Develop curriculum and assess program outcomes
- Promote and provide program information to prospective students
- Participate in college governance, division work, and campus-wide activities
In addition to instructional activities, this position serves as the Director of the HIIM Program with responsibilities to support program enrollment. Other duties include ensuring the effectiveness of the HIIM program, screening and mentoring associate faculty, collaborating with the Dean to develop an annual budget, and maintaining CAHIIM and AHIMA accreditation.
NOTE: Upon hire, CAHIIM and AHIMA approval is required for this position. Ongoing professional vocational certification will be required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or ability to obtain by Fall 2019
- Current certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) through AHIMA
- Teaching or training experience
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Microsoft Office programs, learning management systems, or other related technologies
- Imparting excitement and enthusiasm into the instruction of Health Informatics and Information Management
- Experience with or willingness to gain experience with teaching and developing coursework online
- Contributing to equity and belonging through multicultural awareness and competence
- Effective oral/written communication with individuals at all levels inside and outside the College
- Adapting to a variety of teaching situations with students from diverse backgrounds/abilities
- Developing/modifying curriculum both collaboratively and independently
- Working and interacting effectively with colleagues, staff, students, administrators and others of various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Participate actively in various related professional organizations
- Handling difficult or sensitive situations using sound independent judgment
Preferred Qualifications: Education Qualifications: Compensation/Benefits:
Shoreline Community College offers an excellent benefits package which includes health care coverage and dental insurance for employees and eligible family members/domestic partners, a retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and sick leave.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please visit http://www.shoreline.edu/jobs to apply.
Apply Online: http://www.shoreline.edu/jobs%20