Now offering a SIGN-ON BONUS to be paid in the amount of $7,500 for full time Inpatient Medical Coding Specialist. Bonus will be offered for a limited time, with selected client accounts, be sure to inquire during your first interview.
Medical Coding Specialist, Inpatient
JOB SUMMARY: The Medical Coding Specialist, Inpatient is responsible for accurately abstracting data into appropriate client electronic medical record systems, following the Official ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Guidelines for Coding, UHDDS guidelines, and CMS directives. Performs data entry of required abstracted patient information into the client’s information system. Assigns Present on Admission (POA) indicators according to AHA POA guidelines. Queries physicians when appropriate and interacts with Clinical Documentation staff as per account requirements. Maintains consistent coding accuracy rate of 95% or better while also meeting productivity standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assigns appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS codes to inpatient accounts as per designated workflow
- Abstracts and enters coded data for hospital statistical and reporting requirements
- Assigns present on admission indicators and discharge dispositions
- Queries physicians to clarify conflicting, imprecise, incomplete, ambiguous, and/or inconsistent clinical information when appropriate
- Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow-up and resolution
- Communicates with Clinical Documentation Improvement and/or Revenue Cycle teams for follow-up and reconciliation of accounts
- Maintains required productivity and quality requirements
- Maintains coding credential requirements
- Candidate must possess an approved AHIMA or AAPC coding credential
- Minimum 5 years’ coding experience recommended; 3 years of inpatient coding in an acute care setting required
- Recommend minimum 3 years of Trauma Level 1 and Academic Teaching facility experience
- Must be proficient at ICD-10-PCS coding
- Trustworthiness and Ethics
- Consistency and Reliability
- Meeting Standards
KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES:
- Has strong organizational, analytic, and problem-solving abilities and techniques
- Exhibit consistent initiative with strong drive for results and success
- Demonstrate commitment to a team environment
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal as well as well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong time management skills
- Commitment and adherence to company Core Values
We offer an excellent salary, full benefits package including 401(k) with company match and discretionary profit-sharing, group medical, dental, vision, life, & short-term disability insurance, and PTO policy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Sitting, talking, hearing and near vision are required over 90% of the time, while walking is required frequently throughout the day. Standing is required over 10% of the time. Feeling is required 90% of the time and reaching is required about 50% of the time. Bending, twisting and climbing are required, as in far vision, but only for 10% or less of the time. Low levels of lifting (10 pounds of less) is required about 25% of the time, while medium levels (20 to 40 pounds) of lifting and carrying are required less than 5% of the time. Ability to travel to field sites may be required up to 15% of the time.
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Over 90% of the time is spent indoors, with protection from weather conditions. Exposure to noise levels that may be distracting or uncomfortable is present in only unusual situations.
Intellis is an equal opportunity E-Verify employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Only resumes / CVs that reflect the requirements of this job will be considered.
Apply Online: https://intellisiq.com/careers/