Exam Fee Reimbursement Program
The Exam Fee Reimbursement Program awards the current cost of the exam ($229.00) to eligible WSHIMA Members, as reimbursement for the RHIT or RHIA exam fee. The purpose of this program is to support the needs of WSHIMA eligible members and to encourage students to sit for their credentialing exam within six months of graduation. Funding for the Exam Fee Reimbursement Program is made possible through donations to the WSHIMA Scholarship Fund.
The purpose of the Exam Fee Reimbursement Program is to support AHIMA and WSHIMA goals:
- Promote the importance of the HIM professional credentials
- Strengthen our Association by growing WSHIMA membership
- Promote the value of membership
- Identify and engage future volunteer leaders of WSHIMA
- Be a member in good standing of AHIMA and WSHIMA at the time the application is submitted and at the time of the semi-annual recipient selection process.
- Pass the RHIA or RHIT credentialing exam within six months of graduation from a CAHIIM accredited health information administration (HIA) or health information technology (HIT) program. Graduates from Washington-based and out-of-state programs are eligible.
- Submit the completed application and required materials within three months of passing the exam. For Early Test Takers: Submit the completed application and required materials within three months of graduation.
- Must not have received a WSHIMA Exam Fee Reimbursement, or applied in a different draw period (see selection period details below), at any time previously.
Applications may be submitted anytime during the year, but must be received by WSHIMA within three months of passing the RHIT or RHIA exam. Required items to submit include:
- WSHIMA Exam Fee Reimbursement Application
- Documentation showing the date the exam was successfully passed
- Documentation that the Exam Fee was paid by Applicant
Selection and Notification Process
Annually in September and March WSHIMA will select the recipients of the Exam Fee Reimbursement Program from among the eligible applications received in the prior semi-annual period. The selection will be via a blind draw and up to three recipients will be selected during each draw period. After each draw, WSHIMA will notify each applicant if he/she was selected, and checks will be mailed shortly thereafter.
- September selection will include eligible applications received March through August.
- March selection will include eligible applications received September through February
For questions, or to submit your Application and required materials, email: WSHIMA Executive Director