Membership in WSHIMA
WSHIMA is an affiliate of the American Health Information Management Association. Members of WSHIMA must be members of AHIMA. The membership categories are:
- Active: Individuals interested in the AHIMA purpose and willing to abide by the Code of Ethics. Active members in good standing shall be entitled to all membership privileges including the right to vote.
- New Graduate: New Grad membership is for AHIMA Student members only. After graduation from an CAHIIM accredited HIT, HIA, or AHIMA approved coding or master’s program, AHIMA Student members may renew as a New Grad member at the reduced annual dues. This is limited to one year. New Grad members in good standing shall be entitled to all membership privileges including the right to vote.
- New to AHIMA: This introductory membership type is available for up to two years to any individual who has not previously been a member of AHIMA. As a member of AHIMA you are willing to abide by the Code of Ethics and share a common interest in AHIMA’s purpose.
- Premier: Includes the highest level of AHIMA member benefits and services. Premier members in good standing are entitled to all Premier level membership privileges including the right to vote. As a member of AHIMA you are willing to abide by the Code of Ethics and share a common interest in AHIMA’s purpose.
- Student: To be eligible for the discounted student membership rate a student cannot hold an AHIMA credential and must be currently enrolled in a formal certificate or degree granting program directly relevant to AHIMA’s purpose, including, but not limited to, CAHIIM accredited or PCAP/ACCP approved coding programs.
- Emeritus: In recognition of service to the profession, current AHIMA members 65 and over are eligible for recognition as an Emeritus member and shall be eligible for Emeritus member dues status. Emeritus members in good standing shall be entitled to all membership privileges available to Active members, including the right to vote.
Click Here for more information and to join AHIMA. During the registration process, you will be asked to designate your state association. Click on Washington State.