WSHIMA Volunteer Information
There are many volunteer opportunities available in the Washington State Health Information Management Association (WSHIMA). Depending on your availability and interests, you can work with an ongoing committee or participate on short-term projects. The average time commitment will vary from two to ten hours each month depending on the committee in which you participate. Volunteering provides you with the opportunity to network with your colleagues from the entire state. You will stay abreast of the latest in technology and keep current on issues affecting our profession. In addition, you can expand your career by taking advantage of continuing education.
Volunteers need to be members of WSHIMA.
These volunteer opportunities include participation in the following committees:
- Participate in activities to help recruit and retain WSHIMA members.
- Coordinate content for WSHIMA member news communications which may include gathering information on education programs, interviewing members regarding industry hot topics, or drafting member profiles.
- Analyze member data to better understand membership trends and opportunities.
- Develop annual or multi-year plans for providing remote and onsite education to meet the needs of members and generate income
- Organize and implement educational offerings that meet the needs of the members
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and scheduling annual meeting program
- Initiated and finalize speakers for two day annual meeting
- Arrange catering, silent auction, vendor exhibits, and member activities for two-day annual meeting
If you would like to become a volunteer, simply fill out the volunteer form below: