Spectrum Information Services NW, Inc.
Spectrum Information Services NW, Inc. (www.sisnwinc.com) is a full service document management company, specializing in converting client’s paper files to electronic data. SIS NW, Inc. assists clients in all industries in streamlining business processes through the implementation of electronic data entry and automated records flow.
SIS NW, Inc. also provides ROI, Lockbox, EOB and EMR conversion services.
SIS NW offers an opportunity to work in a fast paced team oriented environment at a nimble entrepreneurial company. We value initiative, drive, team building, personal responsibility, a commitment to quality and customer service, and taking ownership of your area of responsibility. We’re a small but stable and continuously growing company where everyone’s contribution is important and valued. We’re conveniently located minutes from I-5 in West Seattle and offer competitive wages and benefits.
We have been providing high quality services to the medical community for over 15 years. SIS NW offers office workflow automation through outsourced staff services, leveraging strong, up-to-date technology so we can give the best results to our clients. We are proud of what we do: we have a strong reputation and our customers are very happy with our services, and stay with us over many years.
SIS NW, Inc. is currently hiring for a Release of Information Manager in the Seattle office.
This working supervisory administrative position is in an office setting and is responsible for processing all release of information (ROI), specifically medical record requests, in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service.
The ROI Manager must at all times safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.
Staff supervision. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. This includes interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assists in overseeing the Release of Information processes.
- Ensures compliance of Health Information requests and handling, including scanning, medical releases and subpoena procedures with applicable federal and state legal requirements.
- Serves as an internal resource on health information management issues.
- Monitors changes in legislation and accreditation standards affecting health information management
- Makes recommended changes to workflows or policies as needed.
- Provides direction and supervision to department
- Determines most effective method for assigning duties to employees and ensures that staff are executing in regards to the obtainment of strategic and operational goals.
- Ensures employees receive instruction/training that is in compliance with training plan, including on the job training.
- Candidates will be motivated, organized, detail oriented, responsible, and reliable, have the ability to multi-task and be able to work independently.
- Candidates will have excellent communication and problem solving skills with outstanding customer service orientation.
- Candidates will be able to work professionally, effectively and efficiently in a team environment with customers, management and co-workers.
- Candidates will be able to use fax, copier, computer and multiline phone system and other required work tools.
- Candidates will have knowledgeable of Release of Information standards, policies & procedures and HIPAA regulations and to complete work in compliance of these and other standards.
- Data-entry experience with excellent typing skills and mastery of Excel required.
- Candidates will have the ability to learn new equipment and required processes in a fast paced environment.
- Experience previous release of information, medical records, or other related experience in a healthcare environment is required.
- Candidates will have effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in English (verbally and in writing).
Have the ability to do light physical labor in relation to the job duties.
RHIT or RHIA Certification required.
SIS NW offers a competitive benefit package. This full time position benefits include medical, dental, and life insurance, holiday pay and PTO.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
- Candidates should submit their resume and/or inquiries to email@example.com.
- Qualified candidates will be required to complete an application and successful background check. A signed application will be required prior to interview.