Proliance Surgeons, Inc. P.S. is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, providing excellent care at more than 100 centers throughout Washington State. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own ambulatory surgery centers—where costs are often lower and recovery times faster. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Each and every associate has a crucial role as a part of our team focused on providing excellent patient care with high value for our patients, their families, employers, payors and our community.
What We Stand For:
At Proliance Surgeons, it is our mission to be the leader in physician-managed healthcare services. Each associate contributes to our vision of excellent surgical and clinical care for every patient, every day. Our values of Integrity, Leadership, Loyalty, Mutual Respect and Innovation transcend all of our relationships: our patients and their loved ones, one another as team members, our business associates and our community associates. Every associate is expected to embrace and demonstrate these shared values.
Performs release of information (ROI) functions in compliance with established policies, procedures and Federal and State regulations, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). The role of the ROI Specialist is absolutely critical for effective, accurate and excellent patient care. Accuracy and efficiency of the ROI team directly impacts our mission to be the leader in physician-managed healthcare services and to provide excellent surgical and clinical care for every patient, every day.
The ROI Specialist, under the leadership of the ROI Supervisor and Manager, is responsible for interpreting all requests for copies of medical records, ensuring proper authorization, and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements relevant to the privacy and security of protected health information. The ROI Specialist will prioritize all requests directly related to patient care and ensure record copies are securely sent based on the specifications of the request and authorization. The ROI Specialist will ensure a thorough and accurate search of all current and legacy medical record systems, to include paper medical records as applicable. The ROI Specialist will log all requests and record the information that was sent as required.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to interact effectively and demonstrate clear oral and written communication skills when dealing with third parties and team members.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change, delays or unexpected events while maintaining a positive mindset.
- Resourcefulness in addressing first level problems and tenacity to see things through to solution.
- Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, providers, and staff.
- Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for patient confidentiality (HIPAA).
- Ability to work effectively in a team to follow procedures and to accept accountability for work products.
- Demonstrates critical-thinking skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and work in an organized, efficient, and process-oriented manner.
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective.
- Ability to provide feedback to improve performance.
- Self-motivated; able to work following specific guidelines and in accordance with detailed instructions; measure self against standard of excellence, overcome obstacles and challenges with little supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of computers to confidently monitor and obtain information from electronic systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The key duties and responsibilities of the ROI Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Receives, reviews, validates, and processes requests from patients and other third parties.
- Processes all requests in accordance with established procedures, policies and Federal and State regulations.
- Determines validity of authorizations ensuring only authorized parties receive requested information.
- Invoices requestors.
- Determines location of requested records and retrieves them from care centers or storage as needed to fulfill requests.
- Prints, faxes, emails, or saves to disc appropriate records from systems to carry out the transfer of information per the details of the request.
- Logs/scans release forms and details of request in the appropriate module of the electronic health record (EMR).
- Accesses/monitors work queue to resolve all outstanding matters associated with release of information requests in accordance with established timeframes.
- Reviews, investigates, and provides timely status updates as requested.
- Performs self-quality checks on all work to assume accuracy of the release, confidentiality and proper invoicing.
- Prepares incoming correspondence for processing.
- Adheres to all federal and state guidelines ensuring the safety and confidentiality of patient information. Any known breach is brought to Management’s attention immediately.
- Courteously and professionally answers incoming phone calls.
- Other: Performs related duties as required.
- High School Graduate or the equivalent required.
- Previous work experience in customer service, medical records, information technology or other related health care field.
- Medical record training and basic understanding of medical terminology is preferred.
- Comfortable working with various computerized information systems.
- Experience with Epic EHR and/or Nextgen EPM/EMR is a plus.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and relevant patient privacy/confidentiality regulations.
- Keen attention to details.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required.
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply Online: https://www.proliancesurgeons.com